Urgent Repairs Procedure
Tenants must report ALL repairs and maintenance, including urgent repairs, without delay to Fitzpatricks Real Estate on 02 6939 7177 or by completing our online maintenance form. Should you not report repairs you may be held liable for any subsequent damage and/or increased expense due to the failure of timely notification.
The specified Urgent Repairs as set out in the Residential Tenancies Act 2010, clause 62 are as follows:
- A burst water system
- An appliance, fitting or fixture that uses water or is used to supply water that is broken or not functioning properly, so that a substantial amount of water is being wasted
- A blocked or broken lavatory system
- A serious roof leak
- A gas leak
- A dangerous electrical fault
- Flooding or serious flood damage
- Serious storm or fire damage
- A failure or breakdown of gas, electricity or water supply to the premises
- A failure or breakdown of any essential service on the residential premises for hot water, cooking, heating, cooling or laundering
- Any fault or damage that causes the residential premises to be unsafe or insecure
If one of the above urgent issues arise after office hours, please refer to our preferred urgent tradesperson list. If you do have trouble contacting our preferred tradesperson please contact an alternative qualified tradesperson for assistance.
You are also required to fill in our online maintenance form to notify Fitzpatricks that an after hours service call has occurred. Failure to do so could result in the tenant being personally liable for the cost of the repair.
Please be mindful that emergency maintenance is just that, it is for emergencies repairs only. Non urgent repairs completed after hours will not be paid by the landlord and will be the tenants responsibility.